As the fall semester continues to push forward, there is little doubt that everyone’s minds are shifting towards the holidays. Before you know it, Christmas will be here! Crazy, right? However, before we get to Christmas there another date that is becoming increasingly important and, for the purpose of this blog, I’m not talking about Thanksgiving. It’s Black Friday. And with all the horror stories you have probably heard about the lines and rush of eager buyers in the early hours of the morning, there are some serious financial benefits to finding the right deals!
However, the challenge for the average college consumer is to truly find the best deals out there for the cheapest price. No worries though, we’ve done the homework for you! If the following blog post, we’ve scoured the web for the best technology and device deals out there for college students as we approach Black Friday 2016.
• Best Buy is offering a $250 gift card with a purchase of the iPhone 7.
• Wal-Mart is offering the Samsung Galaxy S6 for $249 on a Straight Talk Wireless contract (save $150).
• Target is offering a $250 Target gift card with the purchase of the Samsung Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge.
• Best Buy is selling the Asus - Q504UA 2-in-1 15.6" Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel Core i5 - 12GB Memory - 1TB for $599.99 (save $200).
• Best Buy is also offering a HP - Pavilion x360 2-in-1 13.3" Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel Core i5 - 8GB Memory - 128GB for only $599.99 (save $100).
• If you are looking for a less expensive laptop, Target is offering a HP 15.6" laptop for only $259.99 (save $140).
• Target is offering a free $40 Target gift card and the opportunity to save $50 on any Xbox One S Console at just $249.99.
• Wal-Mart is offering a Console Bundle deal on selling the Battlefield 1 Xbox for only $249, which is down from its listing price of $299.
• For PlayStation 4 users, Wal-Mart is also offering a Uncharted 4 Bundle for$249 (original listing price is $298).
• At Target you can purchase the Nikon D3400 dual-lens dSLR kit for just $449.99 (original listing price = $699.99).
• At Best Buy you can purchase the Canon - EOS Rebel T6i DSLR Camera with EF-S 18-55mm IS STM Lens – Black for $749.99 (save $150).
• If you are in the market for a GoPro, Best Buy is offering the GoPro - HERO4 Black 4K Action Camera for $349.99 (save $100).
• If you are in the market for a 4K TV, Wal-Mart is offering a 65 inch Hitachi $K Ultra LED LCD HDTV for only $599 ($400 off the listing price).
• If a Smart TV is more in your wheel-house, Wal-Mart is also offering a 65 inch Samsung Smart HDTV for $798 (original listing price is $998).
• If you are in the market for something a little smaller, Best Buy is selling the Toshiba - 32" Class (31.5" Diag.) - LED - 720p - HDTV – Black for only $119.99.
• Target is selling a Fitbit Charger HR with PurePulse heart rate monitoring for only $89.95 (saving $40).
• Target is also selling the Garmin Vivifot 3 fitness tracker for $59.99.
• Wal-Mart is selling the Fitbit Alta for $99 (original listing price is $129).
If you take advantage of any of these Black Friday deals, make sure your devices don’t go unprotected! If you’re looking for extra protection of your valuables and some added peace of mind, NSSI can help you out! We provide College Student Property Insurance for a number of items including electronic devices, clothing, computers, musical instruments, jewelry, bicycles, and more! We provide protection from financial loss against: theft, fire, natural disasters, vandalism, accidental damage, and power surge from lightning strike. Learn more and get a quote here! Happy buying!